4/07/2006

The Excrements of the Monkey

If I were making a list of all the tings I disliked about Japan, well, we'd be here a while. But near the top of that list would be the Japanese belief that they are the only country in the world to be blessed with four seasons. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it really does. But more important are the following questions: (1) Why on earth do they believe that no other country has more than 3 seasons?; and (2) Why do they cling to it with such pride? I mean, if the belief that you alone get to experience spring, summer, fall and winter is what gets you out of bed in the morning, who am I to judge? Still, it angers me. I treasure the suprised looks on their faces when I make the rash claim that my state also enjoys four distinct seasons.

Perhaps because they believe that they alone have four seasons, they honor them with a zest not found elsewhere. Starbucks, for example, sells collector cups for each season.

I have the autumn edition. It's quite cute, but I would be pretty embarassed to take it school with me now that it's spring. It would be tantamount to wearing white after labor day.

The seasons are manifested in everything. Including, apparently, monkah poo.
----------

Being a connoisseur of all things monkah, I've decided to take a trip to a nearby prefecture where there is a monkah park. In this park, there is an onsen (hot spring) for the monkahs

to bathe in. Today I was doing research about the park, when I found the following information on the English version of the website...

" The excrements of the monkey on the snow are figured a spit dumpling, which like adulterate sawdust and fiber, because of the monkey eats some kinds of rind and bud mainly.


When the sunlight is getting much, the river become muddy of melting snow, and the ground gets extent from the foot of a mountain, the excrements of the monkey soon become like people.

Needless to say, it is smaller though. The smell become like the excrement of the horse, and the color is getting green. Because the wild monkey start eating young sprouts, young leaves,
young weeds as the trees are beginning to bud.

Spring has come for the excrements of the monkey."


Hopefully I'll get to experience spring in all its forms, from cherry blossoms to the excrements of the monkey, in the upcoming week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I become full of laughter.

4/11/2006 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home