4/10/2009

New Cost-Cutting Measures at BoA

I realize that the banks have fallen on hard times. Stock prices are way down, liabilities exceed assets, and no one really likes or trusts you at the moment. That, however, does not excuse what happened to me this morning.

This morning, I merrily gathered my laundry to be washed since I was down to only "nice" outfits. As I opened my roll of quarters, the quarter on the end flopped out, revealing a nickel behind it. A nickel. In my roll of quarters. I was angry, not only because I had been cheated out of 20 cents, but because a nickel isn't worth anything when you're trying to do laundry.

And then I started to wonder, what exactly is one supposed to do in this kind of situation? Go to the bank and demand a quarter? What reason would they have to believe that you hadn't just stuck the nickel in the roll yourself? Furthermore, the 10-block walk north is hardly worth 20 cents to me.

Well played, BoA. You just created more value for your stockholders. So when I hear that BoA's stock price is starting to go up, I'll know it was achieved 20 cents at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home